Thursday, August 2, 2012

Green

Okay I don't really have time to do tons of pictures especially if blogger is going to take forever uploading them, but I had to share these.  I'm so proud of my husband for what he's done and I want everyone to see.
BEFORE:



 This is when we first planted our grass in the back yard.  We did plant it in early spring, probably a little too early but it had been so warm we decided ohhh, what the heck.  Sometimes it seems like it would come up and thicken over night and sometimes we would think is it ever going to get better. Well it did!


AFTER:

This is the same spot, just taken from the side instead of in front.  Ta Da!  Well it did take a few months, but doesn't it look great.  We were so pessimistic because we could never get grass to grow in our back yard at our old house.  We were worried we just had the brownest thumbs ever! But maybe our thumbs are changing colors?  He mowed it right before I took the picture so you can kind of see the mow lines.

This is the other side of our back yard.  I know it still has a few spots it needs to fill in, and we did go back and plant an area that we didn't originally plant, which you can't see in either of these pictures, but I think it has come a long ways this summer.  It is pretty thick, but still has some weeds that need choked out, but I figure by next summer it should be awesome.  Blake said he wished our front yard looked like our back. I told him I know, but it's all about the water bill right now, we have everything to plant it, but I don't think we could afford our water bill being double what it is right now...maybe someday.  But yeah, Blake has done a great job in our back yard and I'm proud of him.  He likes to just sit on our back porch and look at it.  He's so funny!  Thanks Babe, we love our yard!

No comments: