Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blessing Day

Gracie's blessing day went great. We had lots of family and friends here for it so that always makes a day special. She was such a good baby and didn't fuss during her blessing. Which, to me, is a miracle...she's a bit of a Mommy's girl. She looked awesome in her dress but by the end of the day it was ready to go to the cleaners. Luckily she waited until the evening to start spitting up all over it. I took it to get preserved the next day. I was so worried if I didn't get it cleaned right a way that it would yellow from the spit up. I'm glad it's preserved but at the same time I'm kind of sad that I can't look at the whole thing anymore or show it off.
Here's a picture of the little doll with her Auntie Jill in the background. I think Jill was pretty proud of herself, she was holding Gracie is sacrament meeting when some girls behind us who were visiting the ward for another blessing told her..."oh what a beautiful dress". She smiled at them and said, "yeah, I made it."
So precious
Grandma and Grandpa Bodily. She wore the pearls they gave her for her blessing. I was so afraid her braclet would fall off.
My Mom and Steve.
Grandma and Grandpa.
Blaker Bod and his little girl.
My Baby and I.
And proud proud brother Benjamin. He is so excited that he's getting big enough to hold her on her own. Actually about a month ago now, I was really trying hard to get my chores done and it just didn't seem like anything was going my way. He told me "Mom I can hold Gracie while you do your chores." I was hesitant at first but then decided to let him try. He holds her really good if he's holding her like in the picture above (in his right shoulder). So, I decided I'd try it out. I told him that he could not move and that if he needed to move or needed something else, or if she wsa moving to much that he could yell for me and I would be right there to help. He was amazing and I was able to whip through cleaning my bathrooms. It wasn't bad I could ckeck on them like every minute and it didn't take me that long to get them all done anyways. What a helper!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: